Wayne McDaniel originally from San Francisco, came to Australia back in 1983 to play for The Adelaide 36ers.
Mac is a 4 Time Australian National Basketball League All Star, voted one of the Top 25 Players ever to play in Australia.
His career consisted of thirteen (13) Stellar seasons for Geelong, Newcastle & Hobart. In the process the 6'6" forward became the 3rd Highest Scorer in League History behind Leroy Loggins and The Great Andrew Gaze.
Mac currently coaches our Open Womens Easts Basketball representative team (SCL) and our Elite Coaching Clinics.
As of the 2013–14 NBL season, Wayne McDaniel sits
- 3rd on the NBL's highest career points average with 26.5 per game
- 3rd in career 40+ point games (22)
- 2nd in career 30+ point season averages (4),
- 9th in field goals made in a single game (24 vs Adelaide 36ers in 1989),
- 10th in most points in a single game with 57 vs Adelaide in 1989.